The increase global trend in unemployment necessitated the establishment of the Academy of Entrepreneurship and Business Management (AEBM) in Nigeria. The objective for which the Academy was established includes the followings:
- To train and award proficiency certificate for those seeking qualifications as entrepreneurs and business managers in industry, trade, and commerce.
- To establish such things as may advance and promote the advancement of the profession of entrepreneurship and business management.
- To prescribe, uphold and improve the standards of training, experience and skills of persons engaged in entrepreneurship and business management in industry, trade and commerce.
- To promote and develop the science of entrepreneurship and business management, thereby reducing unemployment in the nation.
- To promote research into the best means and methods of applying high standards of entrepreneurship and business management in industry, trade and commerce and to encourage, extend, increase, disseminate and promote knowledge and the exchange of information and ideas in regard to all questions relating thereto or connected therewith and to carry out consultancy work for organizations.
- To prepare and make available publications dealing with the objectives and functions of the academy and to establish and maintain a library to aid in the study of entrepreneurship and business management, trade and commerce.
- To hold, carry on or arrange and conduct meetings, conference for those engaged in entrepreneurship and business management in industry, trade and commerce.
- To strengthen the institutions information base on publications and documentation and also through procurement text books, journals, magazines and to organize of symposia, public lectures, conferences and seminars.
- To do all such other things as may be considered to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objective.